Passionate People Can Create Change
Our business success is largely attributable to the knowledge, skills and commitment of our employees. It is their ability to innovate and their willingness to embrace continuous development that drives our position as a world-class innovation company.
Sustained success is only possible if we create working conditions that allow all employees to utilize their talents optimally. This is why we value diverse perspectives and provide our employees with the ongoing training they need to remain at the top of their respective fields.
Inclusion & Diversity
Inclusion and Diversity is not a program at Bayer, it's the way we do business and make life better for all. D&I plays an important role in meeting and anticipating the needs of our customers. To sustain and grow our business across all world areas, we require diverse business perspectives and the flexibility to work with a variety of people wherever we conduct business.
"Building a sustainable, inclusive and diverse culture is more than a commitment to our employees; it is essential to the fiber of Bayer. Creating a more inclusive workplace - an environment that embraces and encourages the unique identities of all of our employees - not only makes Bayer a great place to work, but it also harnesses the talents and perspectives that allow us to best meet and anticipate the needs of our customers and achieve our vision of Health for all, Hunger for none." –
Patrick Lockwood-Taylor, President, Bayer U.S. President, Consumer Health, North America
Creating an inclusive environment where employees of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds and orientations feel welcome and able to contribute is core to creating a great place to work. Our employees proudly reflect the society we live in and demonstrate the value of diverse thinking in bringing best in class solutions for the benefit of all. We search for the brightest talent, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation (real or perceived).
Bayer is a world-class innovation company improving the health of humans, animals and plants. With our products, we are contributing to finding solutions to some of the major challenges of our time. The growing and increasingly aging world population requires improved medical care and an adequate supply of food.
Our goal is to achieve and sustain leadership positions in our markets, thus creating value for our customers, stockholders and employees. To this end, our strategy is designed to help solve some of the most pressing challenges facing mankind, and by doing this exceptionally well, we aim to strengthen the company’s earning power. We are committed to operating sustainably and to addressing our social and ethical responsibilities as a corporate citizen, while at the same time respecting the interests of all our stakeholders.
At Bayer, we know our mission of Health for All, Hunger for None is bold. To help us fulfill that goal, our work is guided by our LIFE values -- L
lexibility and E
Here's a brief description of our LIFE values and behaviors:
- The team wins when all our stakeholders and employees are also winning.
- Be committed, determined and results driven. Persist in the face of challenges and setbacks.
- Lead with purpose and understand what success looks like. Build, inspire and develop a winning team.
- Grow yourself and others by making it a priority to actively and continuously learn and be future ready.
- Balance growth with ecological and social responsibility.
- Always act with integrity, honesty and transparency.
- Create an environment where new ideas and different opinions are welcome.
- Build partnerships internally and externally.
- Anticipate and have clarity around customer needs, taking into account the big picture and thinking strategically.
- All employees have a role to play, no bystanders allowed.
- Remember that Risk and Failure are paths to learning and success.
- Use Data Analytics and other digital tools to provide insights to support better decision making.
- Confront difficult situations without avoidance, embrace decision making and be answerable for our own actions.
- Simplify complex information and provide clarity for others to get the job done.
- Act in a speedy and pragmatic manner, adapt quickly to changing environments without sacrificing quality and long-term goals.
- Create an environment safe to challenge the status quo.
Working at Bayer
No matter what your professional interests are or which stage of your career you’re currently in, Bayer offers an exciting range of careers at the forefront of scientific innovation. In this section you can explore the personal development opportunities, international presence, and most of all, the inspiring work that makes Bayer a truly unique employer.